Let me tell a story of old...
Fall 2006:
Once upon a time there was a girl named Jessica and a girl named Marina. They inhabited room A113 in Juniper Hall at Southern Utah University. One day, there was a knock upon the door. Neither young lady was expecting anyone so they immediately assumed it was there friends Lauren and Pollykate who inhabited A106 down the hall. Being the silly person she is, Jessica responded to the knock with a "Come in if you're sexy!" ... No one came in. She laughed and said "Come in if you think I am sexy!"... No one came in. Marina and Jessica exchanged nervous glances. Marina slowly walked up to the door only to find our Home Teachers dressed in suit and tie looking as awkward as could be. They both denied the fact that they heard anything Jessica said, but they were lying. Surely. I, Jessica, vowed never to do such a stupid thing again...
**** Fast forward with me to November 19, 2008 *****
I, Jessica, was just playing on my computer sitting on my lovely bed. Lauren, the newest roommate, was making her bed in her little shorty shorts (she doesn't like to be clothed.) Something about 'love-not-war', 'free expression', 'bodies are art', yada yada... I kid! No, but seriously... the not liking to be clothed thing? It's true biz. Anyways...
A knock comes upon our door. Thinking that it must be the roomies downstairs, since neither heard a knock at the door, Jessica thought she would be her silly self again. (Remember where that ended up last time? Oh... oh yes... here we go again.) She says "Come in if you think I'm SEXY!!"... *silence*... Old man voice: "Uhh it's me... " Remember that nervous glance exchanged between Marina and Jessica in the story of old? Oh yes, you bet it was exchanged between Lauren and Jessica. Lauren, holding a blanket in front of her, slowly opened the door to find Phil. Phil. The landlord, Phil. The shortest, balding, plaid and Wranglers wearing man that fixes things, Phil. Phil. I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself... the poor man.
A little while ago we thought Gabby was knocking on our front door and immediately yelled "GO AWAY!!" only to find it was Phil. Yup the saaaaaame Phil. He must hate us.
Moral of the story: Never EVER EVER yell something to a knocked-on-door if you don't know 100% who is on the other side. NEVER.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh Heavens child. How i Love living with you and your awkwardness. HA!
your rendition is soooo much more descriptive than Lauren's. and it makes a heck of a lot more sense now that i know the history. hahah. I think I want to meet this 'Phil' person and see what you girls have reduced him to.
please keep Lauren fully clothed. start a collection or something. it is your duty as her roomate!!!! FIGHT THE NAKEDNESS!!!!
Post a Comment